Welcome to My Kindness Movement

Welcome! This blog is about following my journey to become kinder. The mission is to perform random acts of kindness whenever and wherever I can. I hope you will contribute with comments and suggestions, as well as your own kindness experiences.

Friday 2 May 2014

Volunteer on Tomnod


Day 120

I have just been on to help to try and map the storm damage of the tornado that swept across the USA in recent days.

Tomnod is an amazing site. Volunteers like you or I can go on and look at satellite images to assist in helping to find plane wreckage after crashes and to map storm paths in crisis situations so that help can get to where it is needed. Tomnod volunteers searched more than 1,000,000km2 of satellite imagery and tagged millions of possible clues when the MH370 plane went missing. Search teams and analysts investigated all the promising leads but unfortunately the plane has yet to be found, which is so sad.

1 comment:

  1. What a helpful site! I've never heard of this before...thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Please select a profile type to show your name with your comment, i.e. your Google ID. If you don't have one of the ID types on the list, then just select anonymous to leave a comment anyway.