Welcome to My Kindness Movement

Welcome! This blog is about following my journey to become kinder. The mission is to perform random acts of kindness whenever and wherever I can. I hope you will contribute with comments and suggestions, as well as your own kindness experiences.

Saturday 18 October 2014

Give Stamps To the Leprosy Mission




The Leprosy Mission is a Christian organisation that offers help to people who have leprosy. As an organisation they help in a number of ways: reconstructive surgery, rehabilitation, education and recovery focused support. As well as this practical help they are passionate about helping to end the stigma that people with leprosy face as it has a destructive impact on them trying to recover from the disease.
  
Leprosy usually occurs in places where the living conditions are poor and people are often living in poverty and are unable to take good care of themselves. The World Health Organisation figures reveal there are around a quarter of a million new cases of leprosy diagnosed globally each year. Globally, there are more than three million people living with irreversible disabilities, including blindness, as a result of the late treatment of leprosy.

The Leprosy Mission have said we can support them by sending them old stamps as they can generate funds to help with their work. I was having a bit of a nostalgic moment at my parents' house a few weeks ago and found hidden my stamp collection from primary school. It's actually fairly big and I wanted to do something good with it. The Leprosy Mission is just the perfect cause!

The pictures were kindly taken by my lovely Father and as I am not near home he is going to send them off for me too..... great stuff!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please select a profile type to show your name with your comment, i.e. your Google ID. If you don't have one of the ID types on the list, then just select anonymous to leave a comment anyway.