Welcome to My Kindness Movement

Welcome! This blog is about following my journey to become kinder. The mission is to perform random acts of kindness whenever and wherever I can. I hope you will contribute with comments and suggestions, as well as your own kindness experiences.

Saturday 31 January 2015

Kindness Continues

So its been a month since I finished the 'Year of Kindness'. I have found myself doing random acts of kindness without thinking about it and it makes me happy!

I was in Budapest for two days and I wanted to do some random acts of kindness. I got to thinking that maybe I will do this every time I visit somewhere new and take the kindness with me and also keep the kindness alive on this blog.

I received some acts of kindness too. I went to a lovely restaurant and as I was alone, I couldn't have been made to feel any more welcome by the staff there - they were amazing and couldn't have been nicer! I gave an 'almost' 100% tip. The chap thought I had made a mistake with the currency (which isn't hard with the Hungarian Forint) but I told him it was a random act of kindness and he smiled - I wasn't great at speaking Hungarian and he wasn't great at English; kindness crosses those barriers and also smiles do too! As it was once said, "Wherever there is a human being, there is an opportunity for a kindness."

There were a lot of rough sleepers about town so I decided to buy a couple of copies of the Hungarian version of the Big Issue and I also bought some pastries and chocolate for those that were bedded down in doorways.

As a traveller on your way home, it's nice to be able to drop off the currency and know it's going to a good cause. Most airports have donation tins - Buda has tins for WWF. Also, it's nice to get a gift at the duty free shop; my friend has a bottle of Absolut!



 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please select a profile type to show your name with your comment, i.e. your Google ID. If you don't have one of the ID types on the list, then just select anonymous to leave a comment anyway.