Welcome to My Kindness Movement

Welcome! This blog is about following my journey to become kinder. The mission is to perform random acts of kindness whenever and wherever I can. I hope you will contribute with comments and suggestions, as well as your own kindness experiences.

Sunday 4 January 2015

Last Day


So it's the last day of what has been an incredible year! Thank you to everyone who has supported me. I have learnt a lot from this experience, but overall I realise that making kindness a part of your daily life not only makes an impact on those around you, it also changes you too.

As Annie Lennox rightly said (and I will use this quote again as it sums it up well),

                      " Ask yourself: Have you been kind today? Make kindness your daily modus operandi and change your world."

The Dalai Lama said,

                      " If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion."

This is so true! I have gained great happiness from being KIND. Hopefully, I have made others happy too.

My last large act of kindness today was to be part of funding a Micro loan via CARE International UK for a chap in Pakistan who needs essential materials to grow his carpentry business. I love the idea and feel it hugely beneficial to people living in developing countries that want to better their lives. It is an incredible way to empower people to move themselves out of poverty. CARE International call the recipients entrepreneurs as that is exactly what they are - they have an idea, they develop a proposal and CARE International,with our help, provide them with a loan. You can look through the website and take a look at each entrepreneur and decide which one to loan to. The loan gradually gets paid back to you. Amazing!

Getting involved to end world poverty is a huge passion of mine and this is the perfect act to end on. However, I would like to start working in my own area as, believe it or not, a recent study (reported by our local paper) conducted within the Bath area highlighted that one in five children in Bath are living in poverty. There is work to be done here. Today's daily act of kindness and final one is that I have sent a request to become a volunteer with a local charity called RE: generate that work to bring about social change and impact on our local communities.

Again what a year and I hope that you have enjoyed the blog and found it useful. Here's to Random Acts Of Kindness!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please select a profile type to show your name with your comment, i.e. your Google ID. If you don't have one of the ID types on the list, then just select anonymous to leave a comment anyway.