Welcome to My Kindness Movement

Welcome! This blog is about following my journey to become kinder. The mission is to perform random acts of kindness whenever and wherever I can. I hope you will contribute with comments and suggestions, as well as your own kindness experiences.

Wednesday 10 December 2014

Anonymous Acts Of Kindness


This week I have decided to complete anonymous acts of kindness. If someone discovers that it was me who gave them an act of kindness I have to try again (and harder) and do another anonymous act. Up until now I have been adding my card to encourage people to pay it forward and spread a little bit of kindness around us, but this week it will be nice just to do something nice for someone anonymously.

1. Bought and sent a lovely friend a badge.


2. Bought a bagel shop gift card and left it in a bus stop.


3. Put some lovely flowers on the bonnet of a car with a note.


4. Bought a wedding gift anonymously for a stranger by searching randomly on Debenham's online gift list section.

5. Bought a gift from a strangers baby wish list on Amazon.
 
6. Bought a gift for a child in a refuge (the Haven in Coventry) to open on Christmas day. It is hard being in a refuge let alone on Christmas day.

7. Left a number of products for the next tenants of my flat - a box of dishwasher tablets, dishwasher cleaner, loads of black bags and a brand new bin. I also cleaned the flat to within an inch of its life, I hope they love the flat - it was a great place to live!

8. Put some money in a great book that I have been reading- 'Unleashing Your Creativity' before it is sent back to the library.



Unfortunately, my friend guessed it was me who gave her the badge so I completed another act. I recently found a website about a group of people wanting to create an honest documentary about a family in the process of being rehoused. I wanted to support the work as I feel more needs to be done to raise awareness of homelessness. I contributed to their fundraising page see here.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please select a profile type to show your name with your comment, i.e. your Google ID. If you don't have one of the ID types on the list, then just select anonymous to leave a comment anyway.