Welcome to My Kindness Movement

Welcome! This blog is about following my journey to become kinder. The mission is to perform random acts of kindness whenever and wherever I can. I hope you will contribute with comments and suggestions, as well as your own kindness experiences.

Sunday 21 December 2014

People Who Stand For Kindness


I have just been reading some articles about another chap who is completing 'a year of kindness' too called Luke Cameron. I have really enjoyed reading his blog - The Good Deed Diary. I am inspired and happy that there are other people out there as passionate about being kind as I am! However, I am really upset that people have been so nasty about what we are doing. I feel that they have totally missed the point. I tweeted Luke to say keep going and that what he is doing is amazing. I started the 'year of kindness' after many years of thinking I wanted to be kinder and that I wanted to see more kindness around me in a harsh world. I spent quite some time thinking about why I would be embarking on the challenge - ultimately I wanted to be the change I wanted to see... Ghandi first said that. Saying that I didn't want it just to stay with me, I wanted to encourage others to do the same and show people it is easy to be kind... there are many free ways to be kind that we can all do. Ultimately then, if many of us are trying to be kind then surely the world has got to turn into a better place. Well that's my hope anyway. Also, ultimately this year has been great, but certainly not without its challenges. To say that we want attention is wrong, ultimately there are easier ways to do that. Also, the year has changed me as a person so really its been so much more than a project for me. I am going to continue on with my year and look to my next project to start to try and make a difference in 2015...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please select a profile type to show your name with your comment, i.e. your Google ID. If you don't have one of the ID types on the list, then just select anonymous to leave a comment anyway.