Welcome to My Kindness Movement

Welcome! This blog is about following my journey to become kinder. The mission is to perform random acts of kindness whenever and wherever I can. I hope you will contribute with comments and suggestions, as well as your own kindness experiences.

Saturday 27 December 2014

Christmas Gifts


A few weeks back I decided that I would ask people to commit random acts of kindness instead of giving me Christmas gifts - it kinda worked. My Secret Santa did actually buy me a gift instead of committing a random act of kindness but I shared it with my friend; sometimes people find it hard to know what to do for a random act - one of the reasons why I created this website!

I spent Christmas with my sister, her partner and my nephew Louis in Paris. My sister is very wise (when I was insistent on buying a gift for my nephew) and she said that the best gift you can give a child is time and energy and that all my nephew would want was a play mate, me to think everything he made out of Lego was marvellous, to run around with him and read to him. I now understand what she means. It was such a pleasure to see how much fun he had and I did too!

My mum told me that she bought food for someone who was hungry and my dad donated to the Salvation Army as they do a lot of work for the homeless in Coventry. My brother helped me to come up with an awesome name for the website I am creating to help people give to the homeless and people in need in Bath for personalised support and helped me to create some of the puns to go on the site - awesome! I am really pleased with it and I am looking forward to developing this further in 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please select a profile type to show your name with your comment, i.e. your Google ID. If you don't have one of the ID types on the list, then just select anonymous to leave a comment anyway.